Arjun tank scam: CBI books two officials of Kerala PSU
Kochi: Two senior officials of a Kerala state public sector undertaking along with some others have been booked in connection with alleged irregularities in tendering process for the procurement of parts of Arjun tanks, CBI said on Thursday.
MD of Steel Industrial Forgings Ltd, Shanavaz along with Senior Marketing Manager Valsan have been booked for alleged violation of tender norms in criminal conspiracy with Subi Mally of Subishi Impex Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, they said.
CBI has registered a case of alleged criminal conspiracy to cheat and relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act against the accused, besides invoking the Official Secrets Act.
The agency has also booked unnamed officials of Heavy Vehicles Factory, Avadi, Chennai while a private company based in Mysore is also under its scanner.
The CBI sources said Subi allegedly used her connections with officials of Indian Ordnance Factory and Heavy Vehicles Factory to reissue the tenders for supply of Arjun tank`s components in favour of SIFL and a private firm at nearly 60 per cent higher rates.
They said Subi was allegedly given 12 per cent of the increment as kick backs for facilitating the deal. The sources said SIFL officials also received the alleged illegal gratification in the case.
Searches were carried out at the residential and office premises of the accused persons, as well as in Ordnance factory, Medak (AP).
Incriminating documents, which are under scrutiny currently, were seized by CBI officials, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly