Arjun tank scam: CBI books two officials of Kerala PSU
Kochi: Two senior officials of a Kerala state public sector undertaking along with some others have been booked in connection with alleged irregularities in tendering process for the procurement of parts of Arjun tanks, CBI said on Thursday.
MD of Steel Industrial Forgings Ltd, Shanavaz along with Senior Marketing Manager Valsan have been booked for alleged violation of tender norms in criminal conspiracy with Subi Mally of Subishi Impex Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, they said.
CBI has registered a case of alleged criminal conspiracy to cheat and relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act against the accused, besides invoking the Official Secrets Act.
The agency has also booked unnamed officials of Heavy Vehicles Factory, Avadi, Chennai while a private company based in Mysore is also under its scanner.
The CBI sources said Subi allegedly used her connections with officials of Indian Ordnance Factory and Heavy Vehicles Factory to reissue the tenders for supply of Arjun tank`s components in favour of SIFL and a private firm at nearly 60 per cent higher rates.
They said Subi was allegedly given 12 per cent of the increment as kick backs for facilitating the deal. The sources said SIFL officials also received the alleged illegal gratification in the case.
Searches were carried out at the residential and office premises of the accused persons, as well as in Ordnance factory, Medak (AP).
Incriminating documents, which are under scrutiny currently, were seized by CBI officials, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh