Arjun tank scam: CBI books two officials of Kerala PSU
Kochi: Two senior officials of a Kerala state public sector undertaking along with some others have been booked in connection with alleged irregularities in tendering process for the procurement of parts of Arjun tanks, CBI said on Thursday.
MD of Steel Industrial Forgings Ltd, Shanavaz along with Senior Marketing Manager Valsan have been booked for alleged violation of tender norms in criminal conspiracy with Subi Mally of Subishi Impex Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, they said.
CBI has registered a case of alleged criminal conspiracy to cheat and relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act against the accused, besides invoking the Official Secrets Act.
The agency has also booked unnamed officials of Heavy Vehicles Factory, Avadi, Chennai while a private company based in Mysore is also under its scanner.
The CBI sources said Subi allegedly used her connections with officials of Indian Ordnance Factory and Heavy Vehicles Factory to reissue the tenders for supply of Arjun tank`s components in favour of SIFL and a private firm at nearly 60 per cent higher rates.
They said Subi was allegedly given 12 per cent of the increment as kick backs for facilitating the deal. The sources said SIFL officials also received the alleged illegal gratification in the case.
Searches were carried out at the residential and office premises of the accused persons, as well as in Ordnance factory, Medak (AP).
Incriminating documents, which are under scrutiny currently, were seized by CBI officials, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it