Arrested CPI-M functionary moves HC for bail
Kochi: A local CPI(M) leader arrested in the case relating to the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan on Monday moved the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
CPI-M Onchiyam area committee Secretary of CPI(M) C H Ashokan in his petition claimed investigations had revealed that the May 4 murder was committed at the instance of an unknown businessman, whose project had been opposed by Chandarsekharan.
The deceased was at the forefront of a protest against the project at Azhiyoor. Since the project could not be started, the businessman was inimical and vented out his anger by the murder, it was alleged.
Charging that the businessman had nexus with the Congress, he claimed there was persistent attempt by leaders of Congress both in the state and central government since the murder by making "false and frivolous" allegations against CPI(M) to destroy the party in the state especially in Malabar region.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Wednesday.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark