Arrested CPI-M functionary moves HC for bail
Kochi: A local CPI(M) leader arrested in the case relating to the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan on Monday moved the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
CPI-M Onchiyam area committee Secretary of CPI(M) C H Ashokan in his petition claimed investigations had revealed that the May 4 murder was committed at the instance of an unknown businessman, whose project had been opposed by Chandarsekharan.
The deceased was at the forefront of a protest against the project at Azhiyoor. Since the project could not be started, the businessman was inimical and vented out his anger by the murder, it was alleged.
Charging that the businessman had nexus with the Congress, he claimed there was persistent attempt by leaders of Congress both in the state and central government since the murder by making "false and frivolous" allegations against CPI(M) to destroy the party in the state especially in Malabar region.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'