Arrested CPI-M functionary moves HC for bail
Kochi: A local CPI(M) leader arrested in the case relating to the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan on Monday moved the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
CPI-M Onchiyam area committee Secretary of CPI(M) C H Ashokan in his petition claimed investigations had revealed that the May 4 murder was committed at the instance of an unknown businessman, whose project had been opposed by Chandarsekharan.
The deceased was at the forefront of a protest against the project at Azhiyoor. Since the project could not be started, the businessman was inimical and vented out his anger by the murder, it was alleged.
Charging that the businessman had nexus with the Congress, he claimed there was persistent attempt by leaders of Congress both in the state and central government since the murder by making "false and frivolous" allegations against CPI(M) to destroy the party in the state especially in Malabar region.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Wednesday.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video