Arrested CPI-M functionary moves HC for bail
Kochi: A local CPI(M) leader arrested in the case relating to the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan on Monday moved the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
CPI-M Onchiyam area committee Secretary of CPI(M) C H Ashokan in his petition claimed investigations had revealed that the May 4 murder was committed at the instance of an unknown businessman, whose project had been opposed by Chandarsekharan.
The deceased was at the forefront of a protest against the project at Azhiyoor. Since the project could not be started, the businessman was inimical and vented out his anger by the murder, it was alleged.
Charging that the businessman had nexus with the Congress, he claimed there was persistent attempt by leaders of Congress both in the state and central government since the murder by making "false and frivolous" allegations against CPI(M) to destroy the party in the state especially in Malabar region.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!