Arrested CPI-M functionary moves HC for bail
Kochi: A local CPI(M) leader arrested in the case relating to the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan on Monday moved the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
CPI-M Onchiyam area committee Secretary of CPI(M) C H Ashokan in his petition claimed investigations had revealed that the May 4 murder was committed at the instance of an unknown businessman, whose project had been opposed by Chandarsekharan.
The deceased was at the forefront of a protest against the project at Azhiyoor. Since the project could not be started, the businessman was inimical and vented out his anger by the murder, it was alleged.
Charging that the businessman had nexus with the Congress, he claimed there was persistent attempt by leaders of Congress both in the state and central government since the murder by making "false and frivolous" allegations against CPI(M) to destroy the party in the state especially in Malabar region.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Wednesday.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi