‘Attack on CPI(M) activists with Govt knowledge’
Kozhikode: CPI(M) Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday alleged that the attack on the party workers and CPI(M) offices after the last month`s murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan was carried out with the "knowledge" the government.
Speaking to reporters after visiting the houses of party workers and CPI(M) office, Vijayan said the government should have to pay compensation to the people for the damages caused to their houses.
Though compensations were given in such instances earlier, "I think, we cannot expect such things from the present government", Vijayan, who was making his first visit to Onchiyam after the murder of Chandrasekharan, said.
However, the government`s attention would be brought in this regard. "If they failed to act, then party would reconstruct the damaged houses of CPI(M) workers", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional