‘Attack on CPI(M) activists with Govt knowledge’
Kozhikode: CPI(M) Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday alleged that the attack on the party workers and CPI(M) offices after the last month`s murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan was carried out with the "knowledge" the government.
Speaking to reporters after visiting the houses of party workers and CPI(M) office, Vijayan said the government should have to pay compensation to the people for the damages caused to their houses.
Though compensations were given in such instances earlier, "I think, we cannot expect such things from the present government", Vijayan, who was making his first visit to Onchiyam after the murder of Chandrasekharan, said.
However, the government`s attention would be brought in this regard. "If they failed to act, then party would reconstruct the damaged houses of CPI(M) workers", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India