‘Attack on CPI(M) activists with Govt knowledge’
Kozhikode: CPI(M) Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday alleged that the attack on the party workers and CPI(M) offices after the last month`s murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan was carried out with the "knowledge" the government.
Speaking to reporters after visiting the houses of party workers and CPI(M) office, Vijayan said the government should have to pay compensation to the people for the damages caused to their houses.
Though compensations were given in such instances earlier, "I think, we cannot expect such things from the present government", Vijayan, who was making his first visit to Onchiyam after the murder of Chandrasekharan, said.
However, the government`s attention would be brought in this regard. "If they failed to act, then party would reconstruct the damaged houses of CPI(M) workers", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter