Attack on mutt is attack on Hindus: RSS ideologue
Thiruvananthapuram: Joining the issue over the row triggered by a book written by a former disciple of Mata Amrithanandanmayi, senior RSS ideologue P Parameswaran on Sunday said the allegations against the spiritual leader`s mutt was virtually an assult on all Hindu religious institutions.
"In fact the motive was not simply against the mutt. The mutt is chosen as a target because "Amma" (mother - as she is known among disciples) and the mutt have become the most visible symbol of spirituality and service cutting across caste, creed, continents and religions,"
Parameswaran, Director of Bharatheeya Vicharakendram here said in a statement.
"The barrage of vicious propaganda unleashed by a section of media in Kerala against the mutt was obviously motivated to bring down the high respect and reputation millions of people across the world have for that spiritually oriented service organisation," he said.
The attack was based on a book published by a long-time back inmate of the mutt, which contains lies and absolutely no truth in it, he said.
"Freedom of expression cannot be interpreted as freedom to spread lies which hurt religious sentiments of large sections of people," he said.
Mata Amritanandamayi had yesterday dismissed the allegations levelled against her mutt by Australian born Gail Tredwell, a former disciple of the spiritual leader.
Tredwell in her book `Holy hell -- a memoir of faith, devotion and pure madness` claimed she had lived in the mutt for many years and had left as she was fed up with some bitter experiences.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends