Autos, taxis keep off roads in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Taxis and autorickshaws kept off the roads in Kerala demanding fare hike in view of steep increase in petrol prices.
According to reports from across the state, the one-day strike hit mobility of people in major cities and towns while its impact was partial in semi-urban and rural areas.
People who arrived by trains in cities were caught unaware by the strike as people largely depend on autorickshwas for short-distance travel.
Sabarimala pilgrimage has been exempted from the strike.
The strike was called by co-ordination committee of trade unions in the transport sector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case