Autos, taxis keep off roads in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Taxis and autorickshaws kept off the roads in Kerala demanding fare hike in view of steep increase in petrol prices.
According to reports from across the state, the one-day strike hit mobility of people in major cities and towns while its impact was partial in semi-urban and rural areas.
People who arrived by trains in cities were caught unaware by the strike as people largely depend on autorickshwas for short-distance travel.
Sabarimala pilgrimage has been exempted from the strike.
The strike was called by co-ordination committee of trade unions in the transport sector.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on