Autos, taxis keep off roads in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Taxis and autorickshaws kept off the roads in Kerala demanding fare hike in view of steep increase in petrol prices.
According to reports from across the state, the one-day strike hit mobility of people in major cities and towns while its impact was partial in semi-urban and rural areas.
People who arrived by trains in cities were caught unaware by the strike as people largely depend on autorickshwas for short-distance travel.
Sabarimala pilgrimage has been exempted from the strike.
The strike was called by co-ordination committee of trade unions in the transport sector.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days