Bad weather prevents Rahul from landing at Sabarimala
Kochi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, who wanted to visit Vandiperiyar where 102 Sabarimala piligrims were killed on Friday night, was unable do so as his helicopter could not land there today owing to bad weather.
Gandhi had left by helicopter from Alappuzha to Vandiperiyar in Idduki district, early today, but the aircraft could not land there due to poor visibility, police and party officials said.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala told a news agency that poor visibility and rain forced the chopper to turn back. The Congress general secreatry later left for Delhi from here.
Gandhi was in Kerala to attend yesterday`s marriage reception of his friend Amithabh, son of Rajiv Gandhi Foundation vice-president Suman Dubey.
In the worst disaster to hit Sabarimala pilgrims, 102 devotees were killed and 5 injured in a stampede at Pullumedu near the famous hill-top shrine.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video