Bad weather prevents Rahul from landing at Sabarimala
Kochi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, who wanted to visit Vandiperiyar where 102 Sabarimala piligrims were killed on Friday night, was unable do so as his helicopter could not land there today owing to bad weather.
Gandhi had left by helicopter from Alappuzha to Vandiperiyar in Idduki district, early today, but the aircraft could not land there due to poor visibility, police and party officials said.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala told a news agency that poor visibility and rain forced the chopper to turn back. The Congress general secreatry later left for Delhi from here.
Gandhi was in Kerala to attend yesterday`s marriage reception of his friend Amithabh, son of Rajiv Gandhi Foundation vice-president Suman Dubey.
In the worst disaster to hit Sabarimala pilgrims, 102 devotees were killed and 5 injured in a stampede at Pullumedu near the famous hill-top shrine.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!