Bad weather prevents Rahul from landing at Sabarimala
Kochi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, who wanted to visit Vandiperiyar where 102 Sabarimala piligrims were killed on Friday night, was unable do so as his helicopter could not land there today owing to bad weather.
Gandhi had left by helicopter from Alappuzha to Vandiperiyar in Idduki district, early today, but the aircraft could not land there due to poor visibility, police and party officials said.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala told a news agency that poor visibility and rain forced the chopper to turn back. The Congress general secreatry later left for Delhi from here.
Gandhi was in Kerala to attend yesterday`s marriage reception of his friend Amithabh, son of Rajiv Gandhi Foundation vice-president Suman Dubey.
In the worst disaster to hit Sabarimala pilgrims, 102 devotees were killed and 5 injured in a stampede at Pullumedu near the famous hill-top shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday