Bail application of CM`s former gunman, six others rejected
Kozhikode: A local court today rejected the bail applications of Salim Raj,former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and six others, arrested here on charges of assaulting a man.
Judicial First Class Magistrate P T Prakashan heard the arguments on the bail pleas and rejected their applications.
Salim Raj, suspended a few months back was in the city on September 10 in search of an `absconding` woman, a relative of one of his friends, in connection with a case registered at a police station in Kollam district. She was in the city and apparently living with a man.
Salim Raj and the other members followed the man`s car, intercepted his vehicle at nearby Karikkamkulam, had an argument with him and then allegedly assaulted him.
However locals recognised him, blocked his car and prevented all of them from fleeing the spot. Police rushed to the spot took them for questioning and later registered Salim Raj`s arrest.
Later, a local court remanded all of them to 14 days judicial custody.
The accused were charged with cases of unlawful assembly, criminal intimidation of IPC and attempt to kidnap.
Salim Raj was suspended from service over his alleged role in the solar panel scam with media reports stating he had been in contact with the accused, Saritha S Nair.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'