Bail application of CM`s former gunman, six others rejected
Kozhikode: A local court today rejected the bail applications of Salim Raj,former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and six others, arrested here on charges of assaulting a man.
Judicial First Class Magistrate P T Prakashan heard the arguments on the bail pleas and rejected their applications.
Salim Raj, suspended a few months back was in the city on September 10 in search of an `absconding` woman, a relative of one of his friends, in connection with a case registered at a police station in Kollam district. She was in the city and apparently living with a man.
Salim Raj and the other members followed the man`s car, intercepted his vehicle at nearby Karikkamkulam, had an argument with him and then allegedly assaulted him.
However locals recognised him, blocked his car and prevented all of them from fleeing the spot. Police rushed to the spot took them for questioning and later registered Salim Raj`s arrest.
Later, a local court remanded all of them to 14 days judicial custody.
The accused were charged with cases of unlawful assembly, criminal intimidation of IPC and attempt to kidnap.
Salim Raj was suspended from service over his alleged role in the solar panel scam with media reports stating he had been in contact with the accused, Saritha S Nair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what