Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday struck a double blow to the CPI-M by dismissing bail pleas of party legislator TV Rajesh and jailed Kannur district party secretary P Jayarajan, in the murder of Indian Union Muslim League worker Abdul Shukoor.
The high court`s denial of anticipatory bail to Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) legislator Rajesh paves the way for his arrest for an alleged involvement in the murder of Shukoor, who was killed February this year.
The court also denied bail to Kannur district party secretary P Jayarajan, who is in judicial custody for his alleged involvement in the murder. He was arrested Aug 1.
Jayarajan`s counsel Aug 4 moved a bail plea at the Kannur chief judicial magistrate court and when it was rejected, he moved the high court, which too rejected it Monday.
Soon after Jayarajan`s arrest, Rajesh sensing arrest moved the high court for anticipatory bail. But he court denied it too.
More than two dozen people belonging to the CPI-M and its affiliates have been arrested in the murder of the 21-year-old Shukoor.
Shukoor was allegedly murdered in retaliation for an attack by suspected Muslim League workers on Jayarajan and CPI-M leader TV Rajesh.
The Indian Union Muslim League is the second biggest constituent of the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front.
Reacting to the court ruling, former health minister and CPI-M central committee member PK Sreemathi said that one is baffled by the way things are shaping up because there is no evidence to link Jayarajan in this case. "This is cruel," said Sreemathi.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi