Bangalore police sends notice to Sufiya Madani
Bangalore: City police have sent a notice to
Sufiya Madhani, wife of Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party
leader Abdul Nazir Madhani, in connection with its
investigations into the Bangalore blasts in 2008.
"We have sent a notice for recording her statement", Joint
Commissioner Alok Kumar said today adding it was part of
the investigation process.
Two persons were killed and 20 injured when serial blasts
rocked the city in nine locations.
Sufiya is facing charges of conspiracy in the burning of a
Tamil Nadu bus in Kalamaserry in Kerala in 2005 to protest
continued detention of her husband Madhani in the 1998
Coimbatore bomb blasts which claimed 58 lives.
She is alleged to have links with suspected Lashkar
operative T Nazir, who is connected with the Bangalore blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan