Bardhan calls for strengthening Left unity
Kollam: CPI leader A B Bardhan on Wednesday said it is vitally important to strengthen the unity of the
Left to build a strong alternative to Congress and the BJP "to
save the country."
Alluding to the spat between CPI(M) and CPI in Kerala, he
said the Left should not lose sight of this principal aim by
indulging in mutual acrimony and blowing minor differences out
"Let us ignore all this. These are not the subjects for
our discussion. We are assembling to discuss how a strong
alternative can be built to save the country from the
neoliberal policies and corruption they have bred," the
veteran leader said in his opening address to the 21st state
conference of the CPI here.
Lambasting the UPA government, Bardhan said these
policies had only helped big corporates grow in strength while
basic issues affecting masses were totally ignored.
On the case of two ministers viewing porn film on mobile
handset in the Karnataka assembly, Bardhan said this showed
moral values had been destroyed very badly in the country.
As in capitalist countries including USA, the UPA
government was also shifting the burden of the economic crisis
on the common man while helping big business come out of the
morass, he alleged.
It was against this that all trade unions in the country
had joined hands to organise a countrywide strike on February
28, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!