Bardhan calls for strengthening Left unity
Kollam: CPI leader A B Bardhan on Wednesday said it is vitally important to strengthen the unity of the
Left to build a strong alternative to Congress and the BJP "to
save the country."
Alluding to the spat between CPI(M) and CPI in Kerala, he
said the Left should not lose sight of this principal aim by
indulging in mutual acrimony and blowing minor differences out
"Let us ignore all this. These are not the subjects for
our discussion. We are assembling to discuss how a strong
alternative can be built to save the country from the
neoliberal policies and corruption they have bred," the
veteran leader said in his opening address to the 21st state
conference of the CPI here.
Lambasting the UPA government, Bardhan said these
policies had only helped big corporates grow in strength while
basic issues affecting masses were totally ignored.
On the case of two ministers viewing porn film on mobile
handset in the Karnataka assembly, Bardhan said this showed
moral values had been destroyed very badly in the country.
As in capitalist countries including USA, the UPA
government was also shifting the burden of the economic crisis
on the common man while helping big business come out of the
morass, he alleged.
It was against this that all trade unions in the country
had joined hands to organise a countrywide strike on February
28, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire