Bardhan calls for strengthening Left unity
Kollam: CPI leader A B Bardhan on Wednesday said it is vitally important to strengthen the unity of the
Left to build a strong alternative to Congress and the BJP "to
save the country."
Alluding to the spat between CPI(M) and CPI in Kerala, he
said the Left should not lose sight of this principal aim by
indulging in mutual acrimony and blowing minor differences out
"Let us ignore all this. These are not the subjects for
our discussion. We are assembling to discuss how a strong
alternative can be built to save the country from the
neoliberal policies and corruption they have bred," the
veteran leader said in his opening address to the 21st state
conference of the CPI here.
Lambasting the UPA government, Bardhan said these
policies had only helped big corporates grow in strength while
basic issues affecting masses were totally ignored.
On the case of two ministers viewing porn film on mobile
handset in the Karnataka assembly, Bardhan said this showed
moral values had been destroyed very badly in the country.
As in capitalist countries including USA, the UPA
government was also shifting the burden of the economic crisis
on the common man while helping big business come out of the
morass, he alleged.
It was against this that all trade unions in the country
had joined hands to organise a countrywide strike on February
28, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi