Bardhan flays delay scribes` wage board report
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan has accused the Union Government of "dragging its feet" on notifying the recommendations of the G R Majithia Wage Boards on revision of pay scales for employees of
newspapers and news agencies.
"There is no justification for delaying inordinately the notification of the wage board recommendations as the report was submitted more than six months ago," said Bardhan.
The CPI General Secretary was addressing a relay sit-in jointly organised by the Kerala Union of Working Journalists (KUWJ) and Kerala Newspaper Employees Federation (KENF) here last evening, demanding immediate notification of the
Although leaders of various journalists` and non-journalists` unions had called on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recently to press for action on their demand, no firm assurance had been given by the government, the CPI leader
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai