Bardhan flays delay scribes` wage board report
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan has accused the Union Government of "dragging its feet" on notifying the recommendations of the G R Majithia Wage Boards on revision of pay scales for employees of
newspapers and news agencies.
"There is no justification for delaying inordinately the notification of the wage board recommendations as the report was submitted more than six months ago," said Bardhan.
The CPI General Secretary was addressing a relay sit-in jointly organised by the Kerala Union of Working Journalists (KUWJ) and Kerala Newspaper Employees Federation (KENF) here last evening, demanding immediate notification of the
Although leaders of various journalists` and non-journalists` unions had called on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recently to press for action on their demand, no firm assurance had been given by the government, the CPI leader
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened