Bitti Mohanty brought back to Kannur from Rajasthan
Kannur: A Kerala Police team, which took German woman rape case convict Bitti Mohanty to Rajasthan for gathering evidence, returned here in the wee hours of on Monday with the fugitive after collecting proof to confirm his identity.
According to DySP S K Sudarshan, who heads the special investigation team probing the charges of impersonation, cheating and forgery against Bitty, the police have already collected all details about him.
The finger prints and identification marks collected from the prison where Bitti was serving his sentence in Rajasthan could clearly prove that `Raghav Rajan, who was working in a public sector bank her for the last two years was Bitti himself.
He said the police would be able to prove Bitty`s identity without a DNA test. But in case it is necessary, a decision on it would be taken later, he said.
The second police team which had been to Odisha had questioned Bitty`s father and former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, who had identified his son through the photographs shown to him. The team would be back later today.
Another team which went to Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh had also collected evidences of forgery from the documents they got from the flat where Bitti was staying before he moved in to Kerala.
After fleeing the jail, Bitti had spent a few months in Puttaparthi, where he was alleged to have forged documents using which he enrolled as student to study MBA in a private institution in Kannur and later obtained the bank job.
Bitty would be taken to SBT`s branch at Madayi, 20 km from here, where he was working and also to other places where he stayed before the term of his custody ends on March 22.
The evidences gathered by the three police teams would be processed and a charge sheet would be filed before the Court here at the earliest, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured