Bitti Mohanty brought back to Kannur from Rajasthan
Kannur: A Kerala Police team, which took German woman rape case convict Bitti Mohanty to Rajasthan for gathering evidence, returned here in the wee hours of on Monday with the fugitive after collecting proof to confirm his identity.
According to DySP S K Sudarshan, who heads the special investigation team probing the charges of impersonation, cheating and forgery against Bitty, the police have already collected all details about him.
The finger prints and identification marks collected from the prison where Bitti was serving his sentence in Rajasthan could clearly prove that `Raghav Rajan, who was working in a public sector bank her for the last two years was Bitti himself.
He said the police would be able to prove Bitty`s identity without a DNA test. But in case it is necessary, a decision on it would be taken later, he said.
The second police team which had been to Odisha had questioned Bitty`s father and former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, who had identified his son through the photographs shown to him. The team would be back later today.
Another team which went to Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh had also collected evidences of forgery from the documents they got from the flat where Bitti was staying before he moved in to Kerala.
After fleeing the jail, Bitti had spent a few months in Puttaparthi, where he was alleged to have forged documents using which he enrolled as student to study MBA in a private institution in Kannur and later obtained the bank job.
Bitty would be taken to SBT`s branch at Madayi, 20 km from here, where he was working and also to other places where he stayed before the term of his custody ends on March 22.
The evidences gathered by the three police teams would be processed and a charge sheet would be filed before the Court here at the earliest, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand