BJP reiterates its demand for a CBI probe in Kerela
Kozhikode: Former BJP Kerala unit President PS Sreedharan Pillai Wednesday reiterated his party`s demand for a CBI probe into the murder of KT Jayakrishnan, state vice-president of party`s youth wing Yuva Morcha in 1999.
An inquiry by CBI instead of Kerala police would bring to light all aspects behind the murder, Pillai told reporters here.
Pillai also demanded a judicial probe in to six political murder cases in the state, including the murder of party activist Mohanan of Koothuparambu.
Jayakrishnan was murdered before sixth standard students in the classroom of a primary school, where he was teaching, in politically volatile Panur on December 1, 1999.
The politically sensitive case, in which four accused have been sentenced to various terms of imprisonment by the High Court,is being revived in the light of the "revelation" by a CPI(M) worker during interrogation in connection with the murder of Marxist rebel T P Chandrasekharan earlier this year.
In the Jayakrishnan murder case, police drew up a list of six accused, one of whom committed suicide before the sessions court pronounced the verdict. Four others were sentenced to various terms of imprisonment while one was acquitted by the Sessions and High Court later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened