BJP reiterates its demand for a CBI probe in Kerela
Kozhikode: Former BJP Kerala unit President PS Sreedharan Pillai Wednesday reiterated his party`s demand for a CBI probe into the murder of KT Jayakrishnan, state vice-president of party`s youth wing Yuva Morcha in 1999.
An inquiry by CBI instead of Kerala police would bring to light all aspects behind the murder, Pillai told reporters here.
Pillai also demanded a judicial probe in to six political murder cases in the state, including the murder of party activist Mohanan of Koothuparambu.
Jayakrishnan was murdered before sixth standard students in the classroom of a primary school, where he was teaching, in politically volatile Panur on December 1, 1999.
The politically sensitive case, in which four accused have been sentenced to various terms of imprisonment by the High Court,is being revived in the light of the "revelation" by a CPI(M) worker during interrogation in connection with the murder of Marxist rebel T P Chandrasekharan earlier this year.
In the Jayakrishnan murder case, police drew up a list of six accused, one of whom committed suicide before the sessions court pronounced the verdict. Four others were sentenced to various terms of imprisonment while one was acquitted by the Sessions and High Court later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16