BJP reiterates its demand for a CBI probe in Kerela
Kozhikode: Former BJP Kerala unit President PS Sreedharan Pillai Wednesday reiterated his party`s demand for a CBI probe into the murder of KT Jayakrishnan, state vice-president of party`s youth wing Yuva Morcha in 1999.
An inquiry by CBI instead of Kerala police would bring to light all aspects behind the murder, Pillai told reporters here.
Pillai also demanded a judicial probe in to six political murder cases in the state, including the murder of party activist Mohanan of Koothuparambu.
Jayakrishnan was murdered before sixth standard students in the classroom of a primary school, where he was teaching, in politically volatile Panur on December 1, 1999.
The politically sensitive case, in which four accused have been sentenced to various terms of imprisonment by the High Court,is being revived in the light of the "revelation" by a CPI(M) worker during interrogation in connection with the murder of Marxist rebel T P Chandrasekharan earlier this year.
In the Jayakrishnan murder case, police drew up a list of six accused, one of whom committed suicide before the sessions court pronounced the verdict. Four others were sentenced to various terms of imprisonment while one was acquitted by the Sessions and High Court later.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi