BJP worker killed in attack in Kannur
Kannur: Tension prevailed in Panoor area in
the district following murder of a BJP worker, allegedly by
CPI-M activists, at Kuthuprambu, police said today.
K C Rajesh(29),a driver,was attacked by a group of persons,
stated to be CPI-M workers, who came in a vehicle while he was
sitting in a jeep last night, police said.
He was taken to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, where
he succumbed to injuries. Rajesh was an accused in the murder
of a CPI-M worker in September last year, police said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area
to prevent any untoward incidents.
Meanwhile,a dawn to dusk hartal was observed in Kuthuprambu
assembly constituency today in response to a call by BJP to
protest the murder.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan