BJP worker killed in attack in Kannur
Kannur: Tension prevailed in Panoor area in
the district following murder of a BJP worker, allegedly by
CPI-M activists, at Kuthuprambu, police said today.
K C Rajesh(29),a driver,was attacked by a group of persons,
stated to be CPI-M workers, who came in a vehicle while he was
sitting in a jeep last night, police said.
He was taken to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, where
he succumbed to injuries. Rajesh was an accused in the murder
of a CPI-M worker in September last year, police said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area
to prevent any untoward incidents.
Meanwhile,a dawn to dusk hartal was observed in Kuthuprambu
assembly constituency today in response to a call by BJP to
protest the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet