BJP worker killed in attack in Kannur
Kannur: Tension prevailed in Panoor area in
the district following murder of a BJP worker, allegedly by
CPI-M activists, at Kuthuprambu, police said today.
K C Rajesh(29),a driver,was attacked by a group of persons,
stated to be CPI-M workers, who came in a vehicle while he was
sitting in a jeep last night, police said.
He was taken to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, where
he succumbed to injuries. Rajesh was an accused in the murder
of a CPI-M worker in September last year, police said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area
to prevent any untoward incidents.
Meanwhile,a dawn to dusk hartal was observed in Kuthuprambu
assembly constituency today in response to a call by BJP to
protest the murder.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest