BJYM activists held for trying to jump before PM`s motorcade
Thiruvananthapuram: Five activists of BJP`s youth wing, BJYM, were arrested for attempting to jump before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s motorcade to wave black flags here on Saturday.
The incident took place at Chakka near the airport while the Prime Minister was on the way to the airport after his engagements in the city.
Singh launched the total E-literacy Programme of Kerala Government and also laid the foundation stone of the Tata Consultancy Service (TCS) Global Learning Centre.
Police refuted the suggestion that the incident involved security lapse and claimed that the protesters were instantly halted before they could jump on to the road and obstruct movement of the motorcade.
The BJYM workers were protesting against the price rise, including that of LPG cylinders. The arrested included a district office bearer of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
An FIR has been lodged in connection with the incident and they would be produced in the court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!