Bodies of 4 crushed to death by boulder recovered after 36 hrs
Kochi: Bodies of four persons, who were crushed to death after a huge boulder slid off a granite quarry from 100 feet, were recovered on Wednesday night nearly after 36 hours of the incident.
The deceased were Santhosh, Vijayan, Mohan and Ravikanth.
The four, including the sub-contractor and a migrant worker were drilling the rocks when the mishap occurred at around 8.00 AM yesterday.
Police said efforts to pull out the bodies went on till late last night and continued this morning also.
An excavator was brought in today to the site to smash the rock into smaller pieces after which the bodies were extricated.
Two persons, who escaped with injuries, had informed police that the four were trapped underneath the huge rock.
The bodies recovered tonight have been taken to Perumbavoor taluk headquarters hospital, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you