Bodies of 4 crushed to death by boulder recovered after 36 hrs
Kochi: Bodies of four persons, who were crushed to death after a huge boulder slid off a granite quarry from 100 feet, were recovered on Wednesday night nearly after 36 hours of the incident.
The deceased were Santhosh, Vijayan, Mohan and Ravikanth.
The four, including the sub-contractor and a migrant worker were drilling the rocks when the mishap occurred at around 8.00 AM yesterday.
Police said efforts to pull out the bodies went on till late last night and continued this morning also.
An excavator was brought in today to the site to smash the rock into smaller pieces after which the bodies were extricated.
Two persons, who escaped with injuries, had informed police that the four were trapped underneath the huge rock.
The bodies recovered tonight have been taken to Perumbavoor taluk headquarters hospital, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir