Bogie of express train derails, traffic disrupted
Thiruvananthapuram: A bogie of the Nilambur-Thiruvananthapuram Rajyarani Express derailed between Kottayam and Kayakulam early this morning, disrupting traffic on the busy route.
No one was injured in the mishap near Tiruvalla station, which occurred at 3.55 AM, divisional railway sources said.
It was an air conditioned coach that went off the track, they said.
Some trains running in the Kochi-Thiruvananthapuram sector have since been diverted through Alappuzha.
Efforts are on to remove the derailed coach and traffic is expected to be restored before noon, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border