Bogie of passenger train derails
Alappuzha (Kerala): A bogie of a passenger train broke off from the engine and derailed when the train it was coming to a halt at the Alappuzha railway station on Thursday.
No one was injured, railway sources said.
A handful of passengers in the coach jumped out of the the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam passenger train as it slowed down at the station, the sources said.
According to railway sources, the derailment was caused due to breaking of the coupling that links the coach to the engine.
The incident did not cause any traffic disruption in the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam