Bogie of passenger train derails
Alappuzha (Kerala): A bogie of a passenger train broke off from the engine and derailed when the train it was coming to a halt at the Alappuzha railway station on Thursday.
No one was injured, railway sources said.
A handful of passengers in the coach jumped out of the the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam passenger train as it slowed down at the station, the sources said.
According to railway sources, the derailment was caused due to breaking of the coupling that links the coach to the engine.
The incident did not cause any traffic disruption in the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam section.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan