Bogie of passenger train derails
Alappuzha (Kerala): A bogie of a passenger train broke off from the engine and derailed when the train it was coming to a halt at the Alappuzha railway station on Thursday.
No one was injured, railway sources said.
A handful of passengers in the coach jumped out of the the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam passenger train as it slowed down at the station, the sources said.
According to railway sources, the derailment was caused due to breaking of the coupling that links the coach to the engine.
The incident did not cause any traffic disruption in the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon