Bomb threat: Air India files police complaint
Kochi: Air India on Tuesday filed a police complaint in connection with the bomb threat call received Monday following which its Kochi-Delhi flight with 164 people on board, was asked to land at Bangalore airport in full emergency.
The national carrier in the complaint, narrated the sequence of events after they received the call at 9 PM yesterday, Spokesperson of Air India, Kochi, told PTI.
The Airport police at nearby Nedumbassery said they had received the complaint. The mobile number of the person, purported to have made the call, had been given, Circle Inspector of the station said.
Kochi Airport Director, A K C Nair, told PTI that the caller has been identified as Prajeesh, hailing from Idukki district and working at a hospital in Delhi.
The Airbus 320 (flight AI-047) was searched `thoroughly` and no bomb was found, Senior police official said at Bangalore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...