Bomb threat at Kochi Airport
Kochi: Police and CISF personnel are on high alert at the Kochi Airport at nearby Nedumbassery following an anonymous call Tuesday morning that a bomb had been planted there.
The call was received at the Air India office at the Airport around 6.45 AM. No specific area or location was mentioned, Airport Director A K C Nair said.
The Airport area was thoroughly checked by bomb and dog squad but nothing has been found so far, he said.
Nair said the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone.
All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue through out the day, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof