Bomb threat at Kochi Airport
Kochi: Police and CISF personnel are on high alert at the Kochi Airport at nearby Nedumbassery following an anonymous call Tuesday morning that a bomb had been planted there.
The call was received at the Air India office at the Airport around 6.45 AM. No specific area or location was mentioned, Airport Director A K C Nair said.
The Airport area was thoroughly checked by bomb and dog squad but nothing has been found so far, he said.
Nair said the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone.
All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue through out the day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth