Bombs recovered from tomb in Kannur
Kannur: Bombs were recovered from the tomb of a BJP worker at Muzhappilangad beach near here, police said.
Police suspect that the bombs were kept there to ward off political rivals from vandalising the tomb.
Acting on a tip off, a police team searched the tomb Sooraj, who was killed in 2005 allegedly by CPI-M workers, and found three steel bombs yesterday.
The bombs were defused. According to police sources, there was strong ground to believe that the placing of the bomb in tombs was a strategy to pre-empt destruction of
memorials by political rivals of the victims.
This particular tomb itself was destroyed earlier and was rebuilt by BJP workers.
Scores of BJP-RSS and CPI-M workers have been killed in political violence in sensitive pockets of Kannur district over the last three decades.
However, in the last few years, there has been a lull in clashes with both sides exercising restraint.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today