Bombs recovered from tomb in Kannur
Kannur: Bombs were recovered from the tomb of a BJP worker at Muzhappilangad beach near here, police said.
Police suspect that the bombs were kept there to ward off political rivals from vandalising the tomb.
Acting on a tip off, a police team searched the tomb Sooraj, who was killed in 2005 allegedly by CPI-M workers, and found three steel bombs yesterday.
The bombs were defused. According to police sources, there was strong ground to believe that the placing of the bomb in tombs was a strategy to pre-empt destruction of
memorials by political rivals of the victims.
This particular tomb itself was destroyed earlier and was rebuilt by BJP workers.
Scores of BJP-RSS and CPI-M workers have been killed in political violence in sensitive pockets of Kannur district over the last three decades.
However, in the last few years, there has been a lull in clashes with both sides exercising restraint.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”