Boy abused in Kochi school, teacher absconding
Kochi: A shocking case of a school teacher sexually abusing a class VIII student in Kochi has come to fore on Friday triggering public protests against police at Edavanakkad in Vypeen for its slow action.
According to reports, the victim `Sonu` (name changed), a class VIII student in HAHS School, has said in his complaint that he was forced by his IT teacher `Ibrahim` to have unnatural sex with him on September 17.
The child, who opened up to his parents later and even reported the matter to his class teacher and the headmaster, said that Ibrahim took him to his house on the pretext of giving him story books and sexually abused him.
Despite Sonu’s complaint, the school authorities did not take any action and even attempted to cover the incident by telling the victim to keep quite.
Only after the parents of the victim lodged a complaint against Ibrahim on September 28, the Njarakkal police began a probe led by Circle Inspector KM Sajeev.
Ibrahim is absconding since then and the Njarakkal police have also come under criticism for going slow in the case.
According to reports, the accused teacher has approached the High Court seeking anticipatory bail.
Annoyed with the slow progress in the case, victim`s father has alleged, "The accused teacher is said to be very influential in his community. That`s why this probe is lagging and he is still in hiding."
While police claims that efforts are still on to nab Ibrahim, the Education Department has completed an inquiry into the incident, and recommended that action be taken against him.
District education officer in-charge Geetha Bali told reporters that she had collected the statements of the victim`s parents, teachers and students of the school.
"I have recommended action against V A Ibrahim. The parents of the victim have given a written complaint. The accused is still at large. He has been suspended from service till further orders," Bali was quoted as saying.
The incident has prompted the locals to form an action council to demand justice for the child.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people