Boy abused in Kochi school, teacher absconding
Kochi: A shocking case of a school teacher sexually abusing a class VIII student in Kochi has come to fore on Friday triggering public protests against police at Edavanakkad in Vypeen for its slow action.
According to reports, the victim `Sonu` (name changed), a class VIII student in HAHS School, has said in his complaint that he was forced by his IT teacher `Ibrahim` to have unnatural sex with him on September 17.
The child, who opened up to his parents later and even reported the matter to his class teacher and the headmaster, said that Ibrahim took him to his house on the pretext of giving him story books and sexually abused him.
Despite Sonu’s complaint, the school authorities did not take any action and even attempted to cover the incident by telling the victim to keep quite.
Only after the parents of the victim lodged a complaint against Ibrahim on September 28, the Njarakkal police began a probe led by Circle Inspector KM Sajeev.
Ibrahim is absconding since then and the Njarakkal police have also come under criticism for going slow in the case.
According to reports, the accused teacher has approached the High Court seeking anticipatory bail.
Annoyed with the slow progress in the case, victim`s father has alleged, "The accused teacher is said to be very influential in his community. That`s why this probe is lagging and he is still in hiding."
While police claims that efforts are still on to nab Ibrahim, the Education Department has completed an inquiry into the incident, and recommended that action be taken against him.
District education officer in-charge Geetha Bali told reporters that she had collected the statements of the victim`s parents, teachers and students of the school.
"I have recommended action against V A Ibrahim. The parents of the victim have given a written complaint. The accused is still at large. He has been suspended from service till further orders," Bali was quoted as saying.
The incident has prompted the locals to form an action council to demand justice for the child.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it