‘Budget proposals to create job opportunities’
Thiruvananthapuram: Refuting the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF`s charge that the budget for 2012-13 would create unemployment, Finance Minister K M Mani on Tuesday said his budget`s focus was on creating more job opportunities.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme arranged by Kesari Memorial Journalists` Trust here, he said the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme proposed in the budget would train college students in jobs in which they had aptitude.
After the course, plus two and degree students would get an additional degree in areas they selected along with the subject for which they were studying.
The budget also had proposed Skill Enhancement Programme at district levels, for which the state would seek funds from National Skill Development Board. With the implementation of the two schemes and the government`s self-entrepreneurship
programme, lakhs of jobs would be created in the state within three years, Mani claimed.
He said the budget also laid focus on modernisation of agricultural methods. Steps would be taken to absorb modern technology to increase productivity so that our cropos could compete in the world market, he said.
The proposal to step up green houses and rice bio-parks was a step in this direction. This would lead to growth in rural economy, he said.
The budget had given thrust to the infrastructure development area setting apart maximum funds in this year`s budget, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das