‘Budget proposals to create job opportunities’
Thiruvananthapuram: Refuting the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF`s charge that the budget for 2012-13 would create unemployment, Finance Minister K M Mani on Tuesday said his budget`s focus was on creating more job opportunities.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme arranged by Kesari Memorial Journalists` Trust here, he said the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme proposed in the budget would train college students in jobs in which they had aptitude.
After the course, plus two and degree students would get an additional degree in areas they selected along with the subject for which they were studying.
The budget also had proposed Skill Enhancement Programme at district levels, for which the state would seek funds from National Skill Development Board. With the implementation of the two schemes and the government`s self-entrepreneurship
programme, lakhs of jobs would be created in the state within three years, Mani claimed.
He said the budget also laid focus on modernisation of agricultural methods. Steps would be taken to absorb modern technology to increase productivity so that our cropos could compete in the world market, he said.
The proposal to step up green houses and rice bio-parks was a step in this direction. This would lead to growth in rural economy, he said.
The budget had given thrust to the infrastructure development area setting apart maximum funds in this year`s budget, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000