‘Budget proposals to create job opportunities’
Thiruvananthapuram: Refuting the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF`s charge that the budget for 2012-13 would create unemployment, Finance Minister K M Mani on Tuesday said his budget`s focus was on creating more job opportunities.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme arranged by Kesari Memorial Journalists` Trust here, he said the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme proposed in the budget would train college students in jobs in which they had aptitude.
After the course, plus two and degree students would get an additional degree in areas they selected along with the subject for which they were studying.
The budget also had proposed Skill Enhancement Programme at district levels, for which the state would seek funds from National Skill Development Board. With the implementation of the two schemes and the government`s self-entrepreneurship
programme, lakhs of jobs would be created in the state within three years, Mani claimed.
He said the budget also laid focus on modernisation of agricultural methods. Steps would be taken to absorb modern technology to increase productivity so that our cropos could compete in the world market, he said.
The proposal to step up green houses and rice bio-parks was a step in this direction. This would lead to growth in rural economy, he said.
The budget had given thrust to the infrastructure development area setting apart maximum funds in this year`s budget, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police