`Bunty Chor`, nabbed in Pune, brought to Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Delhi`s notorious "Bunty Chor", who is involved in over 500 burglaries across the country and was arrested in Pune for a burglary in the house of an NRI businessman from Kerala, was brought here early Monday.
Hundreds of curious onlookers gathered at the city airport to catch a glimpse of Devinder Singh, who is better known as "Bunty Chor" for the successful, high-tech strikes he has made across the country.
A company of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and a police team was deployed in and around the airport since the morning.
Bunty was arrested from a Pune hotel early Sunday after the receptionist, a Malayalee, alerted local police.
Bunty was handed over to a Kerala Police team Sunday. He was first taken to Mumbai by road from where he was brought to Kerala on a plane.
From the airport, the celebrity burglar was driven straight to the armed police headquarters here, where he would be first questioned and then taken to the house he burgled, a police source said. By evening, he would be presented before a court here.
Police said they were trying to ascertain if Bunty had any local contacts as it has now been confirmed that he was in the city in the last week of December last year.
Devinder Singh, alias Bunty Chor, reportedly broke into a high-security house of Gulf NRI businessman Venugopalan Nair here on Jan 21.
Bunty allegedly deactivated electronic surveillance devices and drove off with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) worth Rs.28 lakh, a laptop and two mobile phones from Nair`s house.
He was spotted speeding on the SUV on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border Wednesday afternoon by three motorists from Kerala.
A Bollywood movie, "Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye" starring Abhay Deol, was made in 2008 on the life of Bunty.
After serving a prison sentence, Bunty was a contestant in "Bigg Boss Season 4" aired on TV channel Colors in 2010. Bunty Sunday said his aim was to eliminate the director of the film made on him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire