`Bunty Chor`, nabbed in Pune, brought to Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Delhi`s notorious "Bunty Chor", who is involved in over 500 burglaries across the country and was arrested in Pune for a burglary in the house of an NRI businessman from Kerala, was brought here early Monday.
Hundreds of curious onlookers gathered at the city airport to catch a glimpse of Devinder Singh, who is better known as "Bunty Chor" for the successful, high-tech strikes he has made across the country.
A company of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and a police team was deployed in and around the airport since the morning.
Bunty was arrested from a Pune hotel early Sunday after the receptionist, a Malayalee, alerted local police.
Bunty was handed over to a Kerala Police team Sunday. He was first taken to Mumbai by road from where he was brought to Kerala on a plane.
From the airport, the celebrity burglar was driven straight to the armed police headquarters here, where he would be first questioned and then taken to the house he burgled, a police source said. By evening, he would be presented before a court here.
Police said they were trying to ascertain if Bunty had any local contacts as it has now been confirmed that he was in the city in the last week of December last year.
Devinder Singh, alias Bunty Chor, reportedly broke into a high-security house of Gulf NRI businessman Venugopalan Nair here on Jan 21.
Bunty allegedly deactivated electronic surveillance devices and drove off with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) worth Rs.28 lakh, a laptop and two mobile phones from Nair`s house.
He was spotted speeding on the SUV on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border Wednesday afternoon by three motorists from Kerala.
A Bollywood movie, "Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye" starring Abhay Deol, was made in 2008 on the life of Bunty.
After serving a prison sentence, Bunty was a contestant in "Bigg Boss Season 4" aired on TV channel Colors in 2010. Bunty Sunday said his aim was to eliminate the director of the film made on him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries