Bus services to Kerala likely to resume from Theni
Theni (TN): Bus services to Kumili and
Nedungandam in Kerala from Lower Camp and Cumbum areas in the
district are likely to resume after a gap of more than 20 days
following the successful completion today of a trial run of
two bus services from here.
"We operated two bus services and both were received
tumultuously by the Kerala people," Theni District Collector,
K C Palaniswamy, said.
Bus services between Tamil Nadu and Kerala have been hit
as the Mullaiperiyar dam row escalated and attacks on the
vehicles on either side of the border were reported.
Meanwhile, around seven batches of Ayyappa devotees from
Tamil Nadu reached Sabarimala in Kerala without incident
today, Palaniswamy said.
The devotees had been sent following an appeal to the
Collector by Ayyappa devotees in Kerala earlier today, he
Observing that the intensity of the agitations over the
dam issue had "come down," he hoped normalcy would resume from
Elsewhere, about 400 residents belonging to ten villages
in Usilampatti area in Madurai district took out a procession
over the dam dispute and blocked traffic near Usilampatti.
They demanded that the present water level be maintained
at the dam and called for the protection of the structure.
They dispersed after officials held talks with them.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan