Bus services to Kerala likely to resume from Theni
Theni (TN): Bus services to Kumili and
Nedungandam in Kerala from Lower Camp and Cumbum areas in the
district are likely to resume after a gap of more than 20 days
following the successful completion today of a trial run of
two bus services from here.
"We operated two bus services and both were received
tumultuously by the Kerala people," Theni District Collector,
K C Palaniswamy, said.
Bus services between Tamil Nadu and Kerala have been hit
as the Mullaiperiyar dam row escalated and attacks on the
vehicles on either side of the border were reported.
Meanwhile, around seven batches of Ayyappa devotees from
Tamil Nadu reached Sabarimala in Kerala without incident
today, Palaniswamy said.
The devotees had been sent following an appeal to the
Collector by Ayyappa devotees in Kerala earlier today, he
Observing that the intensity of the agitations over the
dam issue had "come down," he hoped normalcy would resume from
Elsewhere, about 400 residents belonging to ten villages
in Usilampatti area in Madurai district took out a procession
over the dam dispute and blocked traffic near Usilampatti.
They demanded that the present water level be maintained
at the dam and called for the protection of the structure.
They dispersed after officials held talks with them.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says