Bus services to Kerala likely to resume from Theni
Theni (TN): Bus services to Kumili and
Nedungandam in Kerala from Lower Camp and Cumbum areas in the
district are likely to resume after a gap of more than 20 days
following the successful completion today of a trial run of
two bus services from here.
"We operated two bus services and both were received
tumultuously by the Kerala people," Theni District Collector,
K C Palaniswamy, said.
Bus services between Tamil Nadu and Kerala have been hit
as the Mullaiperiyar dam row escalated and attacks on the
vehicles on either side of the border were reported.
Meanwhile, around seven batches of Ayyappa devotees from
Tamil Nadu reached Sabarimala in Kerala without incident
today, Palaniswamy said.
The devotees had been sent following an appeal to the
Collector by Ayyappa devotees in Kerala earlier today, he
Observing that the intensity of the agitations over the
dam issue had "come down," he hoped normalcy would resume from
Elsewhere, about 400 residents belonging to ten villages
in Usilampatti area in Madurai district took out a procession
over the dam dispute and blocked traffic near Usilampatti.
They demanded that the present water level be maintained
at the dam and called for the protection of the structure.
They dispersed after officials held talks with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi