Businessman offers Rs 5 lakh to woman for opposing LDF blockade
Thiruvananthapuram: A young housewife here has been offered a reward of Rs five lakh by a businessman for challenging the CPI-M-led LDF opposition activists who were staging blockade of `Cliff House`, the official residence of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here.
The housewife Sandhya protested to the leaders after she found that the road leading to the place where she was residing was barricaded by police in view of the LDF stir when she was returning after dropping her children at a local school.
The housewife Sandhya, a resident near the `Cliff House` area, had a heated argument with LDF leaders in front the road leading to the Chief Minister`s house yesterday over the hardships faced by common people due to the blockade.
"In recognition of her bravery to challenge a gigantic party and to encourage such movement, I am offering an amount of Rs five lakh to her," Kochouseph Chittilappilly, Chairman of V-Guard Industries, told local TV channels on Friday.
He also said more people should come forward to oppose such modes of protest which cripple normal life.
Reacting to the offer, Sandhya said she was happy and it was an encouragement for others to react against such protests.
Taking a cue from the woman`s protest yesterday, a group of Resident Assocations today took out a protest march in the area demanding freedom of movement.
After discussion with police and LDF leaders, it was agreed that a passage would be kept open for small vehicles and two-wheelers. The protesters dispersed after an assurance that a meeting would be held with police officials later.
As part of the second phase of their stir demanding Chandy`s resignation in connection with the solar panel scam, the LDF`s 140-day agitation entered the fifth day today. The blockade of the CM`s residence was a part of the protest after the scam came to light in June this year.
The scam pertained to alleged financial cheating by the accused Saritha S Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan by offering them solar energy solutions. The scam snowballed into a major political row after the arrest of a personal assistant in Chandy`s office for allegedly aiding the accused.
Though, the Congress-led UDF government under pressure ordered a judicial probe by a retired High Court Judge, the LDF were not satisfied as they wanted the probe to be carried out by a sitting High Court judge.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog