Cannot appreciate VS` comments on Rahul: Sushma
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Tuesday got support from unexpected quarters when Leader
of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj did not agree
with Kerala Chief Minister V S Achutanandan`s comments that he
was a "Amul baby".
"I cannot appreciate this comment as I became a minister
when I was just 25 years old," Swaraj said when asked for her
reaction to the controversy.
Swaraj, who was born in 1952, became Minister of Labour
and Employment in 1977 in the Janata Party government in
Haryana when Devi Lal was the Chief Minister.
Swaraj, now 59, is known for her barbs against the
Nehru-Gandhi family, especially Congress President Sonia
However, she did take digs at Gandhi for his comments
against Achutanandan that at 87 years, he is too old to be
"Rahul Gandhi forgot that Congress has an alliance with
DMK whose leader M Karunanidhi is of the same age as
Achutanandan. There was a complete lack of application of mind
(by Rahul) here," she said, adding that Rahul had even
campaigned in Tamil Nadu for the Congress-DMK alliance.
Gandhi`s comments had prompted Achutanandan to call the
40-year old leader a "Amul baby".
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000