Cannot appreciate VS` comments on Rahul: Sushma
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Tuesday got support from unexpected quarters when Leader
of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj did not agree
with Kerala Chief Minister V S Achutanandan`s comments that he
was a "Amul baby".
"I cannot appreciate this comment as I became a minister
when I was just 25 years old," Swaraj said when asked for her
reaction to the controversy.
Swaraj, who was born in 1952, became Minister of Labour
and Employment in 1977 in the Janata Party government in
Haryana when Devi Lal was the Chief Minister.
Swaraj, now 59, is known for her barbs against the
Nehru-Gandhi family, especially Congress President Sonia
However, she did take digs at Gandhi for his comments
against Achutanandan that at 87 years, he is too old to be
"Rahul Gandhi forgot that Congress has an alliance with
DMK whose leader M Karunanidhi is of the same age as
Achutanandan. There was a complete lack of application of mind
(by Rahul) here," she said, adding that Rahul had even
campaigned in Tamil Nadu for the Congress-DMK alliance.
Gandhi`s comments had prompted Achutanandan to call the
40-year old leader a "Amul baby".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe