Case exposes Achuthanandan`s true face: Cong
Thiruvananthapuram: Rejecting CPI(M) veteran VS Achuthanandan`s contention that the vigilance case against him in a land allotment scam was a political conspiracy,
Congress in Kerala on Saturday said the preliminary probe in the matter revealed the true face of Achuthanandan.
"His mask is off. He has always claimed himself to be a bold crusader against corruption. Now the preliminary probe by vigilance shows that he has committed serious irregularities
in assigning land to a relative when he was chief minister", KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala told reporters here.
The Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau yesterday filed an FIR against Achuthanandan and seven others in a case relating to alleged irregularities in assigning land to an
ex-service man, his relative, at the fag-end of the previous LDF rule.
Asked if the Congress party wanted Achuthanandan to quit as Opposition Leader in the state assembly in view of the development, Chennithala said, "It is for him to decide that."
He, however, recalled that Achuthanandan did not hesitate a moment to ask for his party colleague Pinarayi Vijayan`s resignation as CPI(M) secretary when he was listed as an
accused in a corruption case two years ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’