Case registered against Praveen Togadia
Kasargod: Police on Sunday registered a case
against Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for
his alleged inflammatory speech at a function in Kanhangad in
the district last night.
Non-bailable case was registered under IPC section 153(A)
(promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of
religion), police said.
The decision was taken after reviewing video clippings of
the speech delivered by Togadia at the function, police said.
Togadia, during his speech at a public meeting as part of
the Sixth Hindu Aikyavedi State Conference, had stated that
though majority of Indians are Hindus, their rights are not
being recognised by the Centre, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah