Case registered against Praveen Togadia
Kasargod: Police on Sunday registered a case
against Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for
his alleged inflammatory speech at a function in Kanhangad in
the district last night.
Non-bailable case was registered under IPC section 153(A)
(promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of
religion), police said.
The decision was taken after reviewing video clippings of
the speech delivered by Togadia at the function, police said.
Togadia, during his speech at a public meeting as part of
the Sixth Hindu Aikyavedi State Conference, had stated that
though majority of Indians are Hindus, their rights are not
being recognised by the Centre, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate