Case registered against Praveen Togadia
Kasargod: Police on Sunday registered a case
against Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for
his alleged inflammatory speech at a function in Kanhangad in
the district last night.
Non-bailable case was registered under IPC section 153(A)
(promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of
religion), police said.
The decision was taken after reviewing video clippings of
the speech delivered by Togadia at the function, police said.
Togadia, during his speech at a public meeting as part of
the Sixth Hindu Aikyavedi State Conference, had stated that
though majority of Indians are Hindus, their rights are not
being recognised by the Centre, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach