Case registered against Praveen Togadia
Kasargod: Police on Sunday registered a case
against Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for
his alleged inflammatory speech at a function in Kanhangad in
the district last night.
Non-bailable case was registered under IPC section 153(A)
(promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of
religion), police said.
The decision was taken after reviewing video clippings of
the speech delivered by Togadia at the function, police said.
Togadia, during his speech at a public meeting as part of
the Sixth Hindu Aikyavedi State Conference, had stated that
though majority of Indians are Hindus, their rights are not
being recognised by the Centre, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users