Cash for bail scam: CBI, ACB teams arrive for probe
Bellary (Kar): A ten-member team of officers from CBI and Anti-Corruption Bureau of Andhra Pradesh arrived here on Wednesday in connection with its ongoing probe into the alleged cash-for-bail scheme involving arrested mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his associates.
Official sources said the teams are expected to visit some banks to verify cash transactions of Reddy`s aides.
Some close associates of Reddy are also expected to be questioned, sources said.
Reddy`s brother G Somasekhara Reddy, MLA and H T Suresh Babu, also MLA have already been arrested by ACB in connection with the scam in Karnataka.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!