Cash for bail scam: CBI, ACB teams arrive for probe
Bellary (Kar): A ten-member team of officers from CBI and Anti-Corruption Bureau of Andhra Pradesh arrived here on Wednesday in connection with its ongoing probe into the alleged cash-for-bail scheme involving arrested mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his associates.
Official sources said the teams are expected to visit some banks to verify cash transactions of Reddy`s aides.
Some close associates of Reddy are also expected to be questioned, sources said.
Reddy`s brother G Somasekhara Reddy, MLA and H T Suresh Babu, also MLA have already been arrested by ACB in connection with the scam in Karnataka.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP