CBI asked to issue non-bailable warrant to Claus Trendl
Kochi: A CBI court on Saturday directed the
investigating agency to issue a non-bailable warrant to Claus
Trendl, former Senior Vice-President of SNC Lavalin, through
the Home Ministry in a graft case in which CPI(M) Kerala
secretary Pinarayi Vijayan is an accused.
Trendl is the sixth accused in the multi-crore graft
case relating to irregularities in the award of contract to
the Canadian company for renovation of three hydel projects in
1998 when Vijayan was Kerala`s Power Minister.
Judge K P Jyothirdranath also directed CBI to issue
summons to SNC Lavalin, the ninth accused, at the company`s
local address in New Delhi.
Earlier, the warrant to Trendl had been sent through
the External Affairs Ministry and the Canadian authorities had
said it should be routed through the Home Ministry.
The CBI also submitted the progress of investigation
in the case.
Former Kerala State Electricity Board officials
Rajashekaran Nair and Siddharta Menon, accused in the case,
were present in the court today.
On April 21, CBI had said it had not given "clean
chit" to any of the accused in the graft case.
Charges under 120 (b) (criminal conspiracy) and 420
(Cheating) of the IPC and 13 (2) and 13(1) of the Prevention
of Corruption Act had been filed against Vijayan.
The Canadian company had got illegal benefit of Rs 86
crore through the deal, CBI had said.
Two senior IAS officers and top officials of Kerala
State Electricity Board are among the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues