CBI asked to issue non-bailable warrant to Claus Trendl
Kochi: A CBI court on Saturday directed the
investigating agency to issue a non-bailable warrant to Claus
Trendl, former Senior Vice-President of SNC Lavalin, through
the Home Ministry in a graft case in which CPI(M) Kerala
secretary Pinarayi Vijayan is an accused.
Trendl is the sixth accused in the multi-crore graft
case relating to irregularities in the award of contract to
the Canadian company for renovation of three hydel projects in
1998 when Vijayan was Kerala`s Power Minister.
Judge K P Jyothirdranath also directed CBI to issue
summons to SNC Lavalin, the ninth accused, at the company`s
local address in New Delhi.
Earlier, the warrant to Trendl had been sent through
the External Affairs Ministry and the Canadian authorities had
said it should be routed through the Home Ministry.
The CBI also submitted the progress of investigation
in the case.
Former Kerala State Electricity Board officials
Rajashekaran Nair and Siddharta Menon, accused in the case,
were present in the court today.
On April 21, CBI had said it had not given "clean
chit" to any of the accused in the graft case.
Charges under 120 (b) (criminal conspiracy) and 420
(Cheating) of the IPC and 13 (2) and 13(1) of the Prevention
of Corruption Act had been filed against Vijayan.
The Canadian company had got illegal benefit of Rs 86
crore through the deal, CBI had said.
Two senior IAS officers and top officials of Kerala
State Electricity Board are among the accused.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre