CBI asked to issue non-bailable warrant to Claus Trendl
Kochi: A CBI court on Saturday directed the
investigating agency to issue a non-bailable warrant to Claus
Trendl, former Senior Vice-President of SNC Lavalin, through
the Home Ministry in a graft case in which CPI(M) Kerala
secretary Pinarayi Vijayan is an accused.
Trendl is the sixth accused in the multi-crore graft
case relating to irregularities in the award of contract to
the Canadian company for renovation of three hydel projects in
1998 when Vijayan was Kerala`s Power Minister.
Judge K P Jyothirdranath also directed CBI to issue
summons to SNC Lavalin, the ninth accused, at the company`s
local address in New Delhi.
Earlier, the warrant to Trendl had been sent through
the External Affairs Ministry and the Canadian authorities had
said it should be routed through the Home Ministry.
The CBI also submitted the progress of investigation
in the case.
Former Kerala State Electricity Board officials
Rajashekaran Nair and Siddharta Menon, accused in the case,
were present in the court today.
On April 21, CBI had said it had not given "clean
chit" to any of the accused in the graft case.
Charges under 120 (b) (criminal conspiracy) and 420
(Cheating) of the IPC and 13 (2) and 13(1) of the Prevention
of Corruption Act had been filed against Vijayan.
The Canadian company had got illegal benefit of Rs 86
crore through the deal, CBI had said.
Two senior IAS officers and top officials of Kerala
State Electricity Board are among the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!