CBI files chargesheet in scribe attack case
Kochi: CBI today filed a chargesheet against five accused, including two police officers, in a case relating to the attack on a reporter of Malayalam daily `Mathrubhumi` in April last year.
The chargesheet was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, P Sashidharan.
The two DYSPs Santosh Nair and B Abdul Rasheed, who are named in the chargesheet, have been suspended.
According to the chargesheet, the two DYSPs had entered into a criminal conspiracy with the other accused to eliminate the reporter V B Unnithan who had published reports against them.
Cases have been filed against the accused under IPC sections including 307 (attempt to murder) and 120B (conspiracy).
There were 10 accused in the case, of whom one died and another turned approver. Charges have not been framed against three accused due to lack of evidence.
A hired gang had been used to eliminate Unnithan, the newspaper`s Kollam reporter, who was seriously injured in the attack on April 16.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!