CBI files chargesheet in scribe attack case
Kochi: CBI today filed a chargesheet against five accused, including two police officers, in a case relating to the attack on a reporter of Malayalam daily `Mathrubhumi` in April last year.
The chargesheet was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, P Sashidharan.
The two DYSPs Santosh Nair and B Abdul Rasheed, who are named in the chargesheet, have been suspended.
According to the chargesheet, the two DYSPs had entered into a criminal conspiracy with the other accused to eliminate the reporter V B Unnithan who had published reports against them.
Cases have been filed against the accused under IPC sections including 307 (attempt to murder) and 120B (conspiracy).
There were 10 accused in the case, of whom one died and another turned approver. Charges have not been framed against three accused due to lack of evidence.
A hired gang had been used to eliminate Unnithan, the newspaper`s Kollam reporter, who was seriously injured in the attack on April 16.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing