CBI files chargesheet in scribe attack case
Kochi: CBI today filed a chargesheet against five accused, including two police officers, in a case relating to the attack on a reporter of Malayalam daily `Mathrubhumi` in April last year.
The chargesheet was filed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, P Sashidharan.
The two DYSPs Santosh Nair and B Abdul Rasheed, who are named in the chargesheet, have been suspended.
According to the chargesheet, the two DYSPs had entered into a criminal conspiracy with the other accused to eliminate the reporter V B Unnithan who had published reports against them.
Cases have been filed against the accused under IPC sections including 307 (attempt to murder) and 120B (conspiracy).
There were 10 accused in the case, of whom one died and another turned approver. Charges have not been framed against three accused due to lack of evidence.
A hired gang had been used to eliminate Unnithan, the newspaper`s Kollam reporter, who was seriously injured in the attack on April 16.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in