CBI files revision petition in SNC Lavalin graft case
Kochi: CBI on Friday filed a revision petition in the Kerala High Court challenging the discharge of CPI(M) State Secretary, Pinarayi Vijayan and six others in the SNC Lavalin graft case stating that Vijayan, a former Power Minister had allegedly `fraudulently and dishonestly` favoured the Canadian firm for renovation of three hydel projects.
Stating that the discharge of Vijayan and others by the CBI Special court, Thiruvananthapuram, was illegal, the CBI said Pinarayi Vijayan, had full knowledge about the clandestine dealings.
Vijayan had entered into a non-binding MOU with the company, the CBI said. Incriminating materials were ignored by the special court, the revision petition stated.
The special court took consideration of irrelevant factors and ignored relevant factors, it said.
CBI said the order of discharge was "unsustainable in the eye of law." The special court also failed to consider the scope and legal affects of the charges and allegations against the accused, the revision petition filed by CBI standing counsel said.
The CBI Special Court, Thiruvananthapuram, had in November last discharged Vijayan and six other accused from the Rs 374.50 crore graft case.
The special judge had ruled in the judgement that the CBI had failed to prove the charges of conspiracy and corruption levelled against Vijayan and other accused.
The special court had stated that CBI had failed to establish the fraudulent intention, abuse of official position, criminal conspiracy and element of cheating in connection with the award of contract to the Canadian firm for renovating three hydel projects in the state during 1995-97 when Vijayan was the power minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters