CBI opposes bail plea of two CPM men
Kochi: Opposing their anticipatory bail plea, the CBI on Wednesday informed Kerala High Court that two local committee leaders of the CPI-M in Kannur were the main conspirators in the case relating to the brutal murder of a former party worker in 2006 in Thalassery.
Karayil Chandasekharan, Thiruvangad Local Committee Secretary, and Karayil Rajan, Kannur District Secretary, are the seventh and eighth accused respectively in the case relating to the murder of Mohammed Fazal on Oct 22, it said.
CBI had filed a report before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Ernakulam, listing two as accused in the case.
Opposing the anticipatory bail applications of the two accused, CBI in its affidavit filed by Inspector Salim Sahib, stated that investigations revealed that a criminal conspiracy had been hatched among local CPI(M) party leadership to do away with Fasal. Eight men armed with deadly weapons had allegedly hacked fasal and escaped from the scene. Fasal succumbed to injuries.
As the two accused sought time to file replies, Justice N K Balakrishnan adjourned the case to Monday.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fasal, a former CPI(M) worker who switched over to the NDF, and killed him near Thalassery in Kannur district.
Among the eight accused, six have been arrested so far.
The High court had on May 11 orally observed that CBI can arrest and question the two accused.
The conspiracy was hatched to do away with Fazal as he changed his allegiance from CPI(M) to NDF and attracted more marxist workers to NDF, it was alleged.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends