CBI opposes bail plea of two CPM men
Kochi: Opposing their anticipatory bail plea, the CBI on Wednesday informed Kerala High Court that two local committee leaders of the CPI-M in Kannur were the main conspirators in the case relating to the brutal murder of a former party worker in 2006 in Thalassery.
Karayil Chandasekharan, Thiruvangad Local Committee Secretary, and Karayil Rajan, Kannur District Secretary, are the seventh and eighth accused respectively in the case relating to the murder of Mohammed Fazal on Oct 22, it said.
CBI had filed a report before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Ernakulam, listing two as accused in the case.
Opposing the anticipatory bail applications of the two accused, CBI in its affidavit filed by Inspector Salim Sahib, stated that investigations revealed that a criminal conspiracy had been hatched among local CPI(M) party leadership to do away with Fasal. Eight men armed with deadly weapons had allegedly hacked fasal and escaped from the scene. Fasal succumbed to injuries.
As the two accused sought time to file replies, Justice N K Balakrishnan adjourned the case to Monday.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fasal, a former CPI(M) worker who switched over to the NDF, and killed him near Thalassery in Kannur district.
Among the eight accused, six have been arrested so far.
The High court had on May 11 orally observed that CBI can arrest and question the two accused.
The conspiracy was hatched to do away with Fazal as he changed his allegiance from CPI(M) to NDF and attracted more marxist workers to NDF, it was alleged.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali