Central forces deployment UDF ploy to threaten genuine voters`
Kannur: The move to deploy Central security
forces ahead of the November 7 assembly bypoll in Kerala was a
ploy by the Congress led UDF government to "threaten" genuine
voters from casting their ballots, Kerala Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan said here on Tuesday.
"The Congress` moves to theaten and intimidate voters under
the guise of deploying Central security forces will not work
as people in Kannur would caste their ballots on polling day,"
he said, addressing an election meeting here.
At another poll convention, CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi
Vijayan said all people named in the new voters list were
determined to caste their votes.
Senior leaders of opposition UDF and ruling LDF were busy
campaigning here today for their candidates for the Nov 7
bypoll to Kannur assembly constituency, considered a
prestigeous contest by both fronts in the State.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy