Central forces deployment UDF ploy to threaten genuine voters`
Kannur: The move to deploy Central security
forces ahead of the November 7 assembly bypoll in Kerala was a
ploy by the Congress led UDF government to "threaten" genuine
voters from casting their ballots, Kerala Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan said here on Tuesday.
"The Congress` moves to theaten and intimidate voters under
the guise of deploying Central security forces will not work
as people in Kannur would caste their ballots on polling day,"
he said, addressing an election meeting here.
At another poll convention, CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi
Vijayan said all people named in the new voters list were
determined to caste their votes.
Senior leaders of opposition UDF and ruling LDF were busy
campaigning here today for their candidates for the Nov 7
bypoll to Kannur assembly constituency, considered a
prestigeous contest by both fronts in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed