`Central govt to decide on chairman of Kochi Metro`
Kochi: The Centre would decide on the chairman of the over Rs 5,000 crore Kochi Metro Rail Project, which recently got Cabinet nod, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Saturday.
The project work would be undertaken under the supervision of former Delhi Metro Rail Corporation head E Sreedharan, he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
On July 3, the Cabinet gave its nod to the fully-elevated `standard guage` metro link covering 25 km from Aluva to Petta with 23 stations.
For the Kochi metro network, a 50:50 partnership company between the Centre and the state government would be set up.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video