`Central govt to decide on chairman of Kochi Metro`
Kochi: The Centre would decide on the chairman of the over Rs 5,000 crore Kochi Metro Rail Project, which recently got Cabinet nod, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Saturday.
The project work would be undertaken under the supervision of former Delhi Metro Rail Corporation head E Sreedharan, he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
On July 3, the Cabinet gave its nod to the fully-elevated `standard guage` metro link covering 25 km from Aluva to Petta with 23 stations.
For the Kochi metro network, a 50:50 partnership company between the Centre and the state government would be set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown