Central team arrives in Kerala to visit drought affected areas
Kochi: A high-level central team arrived here on Sunday to visit drought affected areas in Kerala.
The team, in two batches, would commence their tour of the state from Monday till March 22 and hold discussions with state government officials, a government press release said.
The seven member team is headed by Narendra Bhushan, Joint Secretary, Union Agricultural Ministry.
While one group would visit districts from Ernakulam to Thiruvananthapuram, the other would go to the Northern districts from Palakkad.
The two teams would meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in the state capital on March 21, the release said.
According to the government, the state has suffered a loss of Rs 7,888 crore with three lakh hectares of agricultural land and 15,000 farmers being hit by the severe drought.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan