Central team arrives in Kerala to visit drought affected areas
Kochi: A high-level central team arrived here on Sunday to visit drought affected areas in Kerala.
The team, in two batches, would commence their tour of the state from Monday till March 22 and hold discussions with state government officials, a government press release said.
The seven member team is headed by Narendra Bhushan, Joint Secretary, Union Agricultural Ministry.
While one group would visit districts from Ernakulam to Thiruvananthapuram, the other would go to the Northern districts from Palakkad.
The two teams would meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in the state capital on March 21, the release said.
According to the government, the state has suffered a loss of Rs 7,888 crore with three lakh hectares of agricultural land and 15,000 farmers being hit by the severe drought.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'