Central team arrives in Kerala to visit drought affected areas
Kochi: A high-level central team arrived here on Sunday to visit drought affected areas in Kerala.
The team, in two batches, would commence their tour of the state from Monday till March 22 and hold discussions with state government officials, a government press release said.
The seven member team is headed by Narendra Bhushan, Joint Secretary, Union Agricultural Ministry.
While one group would visit districts from Ernakulam to Thiruvananthapuram, the other would go to the Northern districts from Palakkad.
The two teams would meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in the state capital on March 21, the release said.
According to the government, the state has suffered a loss of Rs 7,888 crore with three lakh hectares of agricultural land and 15,000 farmers being hit by the severe drought.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees