Central team in Kerala to study spread of H1N1 infection
Thiruvananthapuram: A team from the Union Health Ministry is here to conduct an epidemiological investigation into the spread of swine flu in the state where the virus has claimed 16 lives in the last one month.
Kerala government had asked the Centre to send an expert team to conduct a study after a spurt in cases.
The Central team comprises Sunil Gupta, Joint Director (microbiology), National Centre for Disease Control and Dr Pradeep of Emergency Medical Services and Relief Division of the Directorate General of Health Services.
Scientist from National Institute of Virology B V Thandale is also expected to join the team today.
After holding discussions with Health department officials, the team would visit swine flu-hit areas, official sources said.
The sources said the Centre would provide 31,000 doses of Tamiflu preventive vaccine to the state as requested by the government. A high-level committee had been authorised by the Centre to take up the state`s demand.
Health Secretary Manoj Joshi and Director of Health Services M K Jeevan are participating in the discussions with the team.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur