Central team visits endosulfan affected areas
Kasargod: A ten-member Central expert team on Sunday
visited the district to study on the health status of people
residing in the endosulfan pesticide affected areas.
The team was led by Dr Viswa Mohan Katoch, ICMR Director
The team, which had visited Kasargod sometime back, during
their second visit today held talks with the pesticide
affected people in Perla, Padre and Muliyar areas.
Katoch said they would submit their report to the Centre at
the earliest after reaching Delhi.
Last month a three-member team including Dr Daliwal,
Scientist, ICMR, had come to Kozhikode and analysed the study
reports of Calicut Medical College Hospital, whose experts had
carried out a study on the health status of people residing in
the endosulfan affected areas in Kasargod.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof