Central team visits endosulfan affected areas
Kasargod: A ten-member Central expert team on Sunday
visited the district to study on the health status of people
residing in the endosulfan pesticide affected areas.
The team was led by Dr Viswa Mohan Katoch, ICMR Director
The team, which had visited Kasargod sometime back, during
their second visit today held talks with the pesticide
affected people in Perla, Padre and Muliyar areas.
Katoch said they would submit their report to the Centre at
the earliest after reaching Delhi.
Last month a three-member team including Dr Daliwal,
Scientist, ICMR, had come to Kozhikode and analysed the study
reports of Calicut Medical College Hospital, whose experts had
carried out a study on the health status of people residing in
the endosulfan affected areas in Kasargod.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen