Central team visits Kerala to review e-Governance initiatives
Thiruvananthapuram: A high-level official delegation led by Sathya Narayana, secretary, central Department of Electronics and Information Technology, visited Kerala to review the status of implementation of e-Governance initiatives in the state.
The team reviewed the advancements in implementation of the programmes, especially in the e-District programme and the State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG), a release from state IT Mission said here today.
The delegation explored the possibility of replicating some of the successful e-models of Kerala like the e-Literacy programme, Common Service Centres and e-District programme in other states.
A state mission mode project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), e-District programme proposed integrated, seamless and online delivery of citizen services at the district level through automation of work flow, back-end digitisation, integration and process redesign.
Kerala State IT Mission was identified as the implementing agency for the pilot project in Kannur and Palakkad districts. The e-District services would be extended to all districts in Kerala within a year, the release said.
The SSDG project was formulated under NeGP to fulfil the vision of integrating all services across departments and provide the same through Common Service Centres and state portals.
P H Kurian, principal secretary, department of IT, Kerala, briefed the delegation about ongoing initiatives in the state.
The delegation was told that a futuristic, integrated service delivery framework had been chalked out by the state IT Mission, envisaging a single identity for citizens to log into a state portal to access the services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’