Central team visits Kerala to review e-Governance initiatives
Thiruvananthapuram: A high-level official delegation led by Sathya Narayana, secretary, central Department of Electronics and Information Technology, visited Kerala to review the status of implementation of e-Governance initiatives in the state.
The team reviewed the advancements in implementation of the programmes, especially in the e-District programme and the State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG), a release from state IT Mission said here today.
The delegation explored the possibility of replicating some of the successful e-models of Kerala like the e-Literacy programme, Common Service Centres and e-District programme in other states.
A state mission mode project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), e-District programme proposed integrated, seamless and online delivery of citizen services at the district level through automation of work flow, back-end digitisation, integration and process redesign.
Kerala State IT Mission was identified as the implementing agency for the pilot project in Kannur and Palakkad districts. The e-District services would be extended to all districts in Kerala within a year, the release said.
The SSDG project was formulated under NeGP to fulfil the vision of integrating all services across departments and provide the same through Common Service Centres and state portals.
P H Kurian, principal secretary, department of IT, Kerala, briefed the delegation about ongoing initiatives in the state.
The delegation was told that a futuristic, integrated service delivery framework had been chalked out by the state IT Mission, envisaging a single identity for citizens to log into a state portal to access the services.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!