Centre assures help to Kerala for modernising PDS
New Delhi: The Centre Thursday assured Kerala
of all possible assistance in its ongoing drive for computerisation of the Public Distribution System (PDS).
Food Minister K V Thomas also assured Kerala Chief
Minister Oomen Chandy of all possible help in the development
of a biometric-based foodgrains distribution system.
"The Centre will provide all possible support to Kerala
for its ongoing computerisation of PDS. It will provide more
assistance for increasing warehouse capacity and developing a
biometric-based food grain distribution system," an official
Chandy and a delegation of senior officials met Thomas
today and held discussions on foodgrain allocation to Kerala
under various central schemes, it added.
During the meeting, strengthening of the Bureau of Indian
Standards` (BIS) activities, increasing foodgrain storage and
its timely movement were also discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube