Centre assures help to Kerala for modernising PDS
New Delhi: The Centre Thursday assured Kerala
of all possible assistance in its ongoing drive for computerisation of the Public Distribution System (PDS).
Food Minister K V Thomas also assured Kerala Chief
Minister Oomen Chandy of all possible help in the development
of a biometric-based foodgrains distribution system.
"The Centre will provide all possible support to Kerala
for its ongoing computerisation of PDS. It will provide more
assistance for increasing warehouse capacity and developing a
biometric-based food grain distribution system," an official
Chandy and a delegation of senior officials met Thomas
today and held discussions on foodgrain allocation to Kerala
under various central schemes, it added.
During the meeting, strengthening of the Bureau of Indian
Standards` (BIS) activities, increasing foodgrain storage and
its timely movement were also discussed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next