`Centre handling Mullaperiyar row unilaterally`
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking strong exception to
the statement of Union Minister for Science and Technology Ashwani Kumar that Mullaperiyar dam was safe, former Kerala Water Resources Minister N K Preamchandran Tuesday said the
Centre`s attitude to the Dam row, over which Kerala and Tamil
Nadu was on a logerheads, was unilateral.
Centre was neglecting the just arguments of Kerala about the safety of the dam and said congress led UDF government in the state was adopting a lackluster approach to the issue, he said in statement here.
The statement of Ashwani Kumar was a challenge to judiciary
in the country as the matter of safety of the dam was now
under the consideration of supreme court and the empowered
committee appointed by the apex court, Preamchandran said.
He alleged that it was a deliberate statement with a view to
help Tamil Nadu.
It was very pitty that Kerala was facing this neglect
despite the fact that six persons from the state were in the
UPA cabinet,Preamchandran said.
Kerala government should officially oppose this unilateral
approach of centre, Preamchandran, leader of RSP, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?