`Centre handling Mullaperiyar row unilaterally`
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking strong exception to
the statement of Union Minister for Science and Technology Ashwani Kumar that Mullaperiyar dam was safe, former Kerala Water Resources Minister N K Preamchandran Tuesday said the
Centre`s attitude to the Dam row, over which Kerala and Tamil
Nadu was on a logerheads, was unilateral.
Centre was neglecting the just arguments of Kerala about the safety of the dam and said congress led UDF government in the state was adopting a lackluster approach to the issue, he said in statement here.
The statement of Ashwani Kumar was a challenge to judiciary
in the country as the matter of safety of the dam was now
under the consideration of supreme court and the empowered
committee appointed by the apex court, Preamchandran said.
He alleged that it was a deliberate statement with a view to
help Tamil Nadu.
It was very pitty that Kerala was facing this neglect
despite the fact that six persons from the state were in the
UPA cabinet,Preamchandran said.
Kerala government should officially oppose this unilateral
approach of centre, Preamchandran, leader of RSP, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday