`Centre handling Mullaperiyar row unilaterally`
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking strong exception to
the statement of Union Minister for Science and Technology Ashwani Kumar that Mullaperiyar dam was safe, former Kerala Water Resources Minister N K Preamchandran Tuesday said the
Centre`s attitude to the Dam row, over which Kerala and Tamil
Nadu was on a logerheads, was unilateral.
Centre was neglecting the just arguments of Kerala about the safety of the dam and said congress led UDF government in the state was adopting a lackluster approach to the issue, he said in statement here.
The statement of Ashwani Kumar was a challenge to judiciary
in the country as the matter of safety of the dam was now
under the consideration of supreme court and the empowered
committee appointed by the apex court, Preamchandran said.
He alleged that it was a deliberate statement with a view to
help Tamil Nadu.
It was very pitty that Kerala was facing this neglect
despite the fact that six persons from the state were in the
UPA cabinet,Preamchandran said.
Kerala government should officially oppose this unilateral
approach of centre, Preamchandran, leader of RSP, said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand