`Centre handling Mullaperiyar row unilaterally`
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking strong exception to
the statement of Union Minister for Science and Technology Ashwani Kumar that Mullaperiyar dam was safe, former Kerala Water Resources Minister N K Preamchandran Tuesday said the
Centre`s attitude to the Dam row, over which Kerala and Tamil
Nadu was on a logerheads, was unilateral.
Centre was neglecting the just arguments of Kerala about the safety of the dam and said congress led UDF government in the state was adopting a lackluster approach to the issue, he said in statement here.
The statement of Ashwani Kumar was a challenge to judiciary
in the country as the matter of safety of the dam was now
under the consideration of supreme court and the empowered
committee appointed by the apex court, Preamchandran said.
He alleged that it was a deliberate statement with a view to
help Tamil Nadu.
It was very pitty that Kerala was facing this neglect
despite the fact that six persons from the state were in the
UPA cabinet,Preamchandran said.
Kerala government should officially oppose this unilateral
approach of centre, Preamchandran, leader of RSP, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning