`Centre handling Mullaperiyar row unilaterally`
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking strong exception to
the statement of Union Minister for Science and Technology Ashwani Kumar that Mullaperiyar dam was safe, former Kerala Water Resources Minister N K Preamchandran Tuesday said the
Centre`s attitude to the Dam row, over which Kerala and Tamil
Nadu was on a logerheads, was unilateral.
Centre was neglecting the just arguments of Kerala about the safety of the dam and said congress led UDF government in the state was adopting a lackluster approach to the issue, he said in statement here.
The statement of Ashwani Kumar was a challenge to judiciary
in the country as the matter of safety of the dam was now
under the consideration of supreme court and the empowered
committee appointed by the apex court, Preamchandran said.
He alleged that it was a deliberate statement with a view to
help Tamil Nadu.
It was very pitty that Kerala was facing this neglect
despite the fact that six persons from the state were in the
UPA cabinet,Preamchandran said.
Kerala government should officially oppose this unilateral
approach of centre, Preamchandran, leader of RSP, said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured