Centre prepared to order CBI probe into lottery case: Solicitor General
Kochi: Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium
on Tuesday informed Kerala High Court that the Centre was prepared
to order a CBI probe into the lottery case provided the state
government supplies materials in prescribed performa.
In response, Kerala Government agreed to furnish
necessary details within two weeks.
The Solicitor General, appearing on behalf of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and Central Government, denied
allegations regarding involvement of Chidambaram and his wife
Nalini Chidambaram in the lottery case.
Subramanium said Chidambaram was a senior lawyer at one
point of time. He had nothing to do with the case after he
became a Minister. Senior advocates were instructed by
counsels and have no relationship with clients, he said.
He said the Centre was prepared to hand over the case to
CBI without insisting for the mandatory notification. Director
of CBI has been apprised of the situation, he said.
The Solicitor General complemented Chief Minister VS
Achuthanandan for his initiative in the matter.
A Division Bench consisting Chief Justice J Chelameswar
and PR Ramachandran Menon reserved orders on the petitions.
A batch of petitions had been filed seeking CBI probe
into conduct of other state lotteries in Kerala. They had
alleged, among other things, that Chidambaram and his wife
as lawyers had connection with the lottery case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali