Centre prepared to order CBI probe into lottery case: Solicitor General
Kochi: Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium
on Tuesday informed Kerala High Court that the Centre was prepared
to order a CBI probe into the lottery case provided the state
government supplies materials in prescribed performa.
In response, Kerala Government agreed to furnish
necessary details within two weeks.
The Solicitor General, appearing on behalf of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and Central Government, denied
allegations regarding involvement of Chidambaram and his wife
Nalini Chidambaram in the lottery case.
Subramanium said Chidambaram was a senior lawyer at one
point of time. He had nothing to do with the case after he
became a Minister. Senior advocates were instructed by
counsels and have no relationship with clients, he said.
He said the Centre was prepared to hand over the case to
CBI without insisting for the mandatory notification. Director
of CBI has been apprised of the situation, he said.
The Solicitor General complemented Chief Minister VS
Achuthanandan for his initiative in the matter.
A Division Bench consisting Chief Justice J Chelameswar
and PR Ramachandran Menon reserved orders on the petitions.
A batch of petitions had been filed seeking CBI probe
into conduct of other state lotteries in Kerala. They had
alleged, among other things, that Chidambaram and his wife
as lawyers had connection with the lottery case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested