Centre rubbishes Madani`s charge of IB conspiracy
Thiruvananthapuram: Dismissing Abdul Nasser Madani`s charge that there was a conspiracy to implicate him in the Bangalore blasts case, the Centre on Sunday said the PDP leader need not be scared if he was innocent.
"Why should he be scared if he is innocent? If he is innocent he can prove that in the court," Union Minister of State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran told reporters.
On Madani`s claim that he was a victim of a "deep-rooted conspiracy" by intelligence agencies, the minister said "If Madani was harassed by any official or anybody acted beyond his powers, he will definitely be taken to task".
Ramachandran said Madani will have every opportunity to prove his innocence in court.
Asked whether Pakistan`s intelligence agency ISI had its influence in Kerala, he said "It is difficult to say no. There are some areas in Kerala where ISI has its influence. But, I cannot disclose the details."
He, however, said the Left extremism was not a serious problem in the state.
Ramachandran said he did not think that use of armed forces was necessary to tackle Maoists.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!