Chandrasekharan case: 2 removed from list of accused
Kozhikode: A local court hearing the murder case of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan, on Wednesday removed two persons from list of 18 accused submitted by the defence counsel for removal from the original list.
The Special Additional District and Sessions Court (Marad cases) at Eranhipalam removed Kariyath Valsan (accused number 54)and K Madanan (61) from the list of accused.
The defence lawyers said the prosecution had failed to produce evidence or material documents to prove the charges against them.
The charges were that they had helped three key accused in by offering them shelter at Mudakkozhimala in Kannur district.
Earlier, the defence counsel had sought the removal of 18 persons, including Communist Party of India (Marxist) State Committee member K K Ragesh, from the list of 76 accused in the case.
The case relates to the killing of Chandrasekharan, who had quit the CPI-M and had floated the RMP, posing a challenge to the party in rural Kozhikode.
Chandrasekharan was killed at Vallikkad near Onchiyam in Kozhikode on May 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16