Chandrasekharan case: ‘Full progress into probe’
Kochi: Police have made `comprehensive progress` in the investigation into the recent murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader T P Chandrasekharan, Kerala DGP Jacob Punnose on Sunday said.
The investigation was proceeding in the right direction and there was no pressure from any quarters, the Director General of Police told reporters here.
Asked if it was a political murder, he said, the probe was on and the talk about it was a media creation.
Fifty-year-old Chandrasekharan, expelled from CPI-M some years ago, was killed on May 4 in Kozhikode district.
CPI-M and UDF sparred over the murder with the Marxist party alleging it was part of a conspiracy to "tarnish and haunt" the party with an eye on the June 2 assembly bye-election to Neyyattinkara segment.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'