Chandrasekharan case: ‘Full progress into probe’
Kochi: Police have made `comprehensive progress` in the investigation into the recent murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader T P Chandrasekharan, Kerala DGP Jacob Punnose on Sunday said.
The investigation was proceeding in the right direction and there was no pressure from any quarters, the Director General of Police told reporters here.
Asked if it was a political murder, he said, the probe was on and the talk about it was a media creation.
Fifty-year-old Chandrasekharan, expelled from CPI-M some years ago, was killed on May 4 in Kozhikode district.
CPI-M and UDF sparred over the murder with the Marxist party alleging it was part of a conspiracy to "tarnish and haunt" the party with an eye on the June 2 assembly bye-election to Neyyattinkara segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner