Chandrasekharan case: HC grants bail to 5 accused
Kochi: Kerala High court today granted bail with stringent conditions to five CPI(M) workers, accused in the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan, while it avoided hearing bail pleas of party`s local leader, P K Kunhanandan and seven others in the case.
Justice N K Balakrishnan, before whom the applications came up, granted bail to Ravindran MK, Dilshad, Tipin, Mohammed Faisal and Raneesh considering the period of detention undergone by them.
The accused have been asked to produce a bond for Rs two lakh and two solvent sureties for the like amount. The other conditions are that they should appear before investigating officers on mondays and fridays, surrender their passport,file affidavit that they will abide by all conditions and should not enter Kozhikode except for complying with bail conditions.
They have also been asked to provide their mobile and landline telephone numbers to the investigating officers.
The court also directed the accused not to leave Kerala without the court`s permission.
It also granted bail to K C Ramachandran and K K Krishnan, both CPI-M workers, in connection with the 2009 conspiracy case to do away with Chandrasekharan.
The court, however, avoided hearing the bail pleas of seven other accused, including P K Kunhananan, Panur area committee member, who is alleged to have played a key role in the plot to kill Chandrasekharan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price