Chandrasekharan case: HC grants bail to 5 accused
Kochi: Kerala High court today granted bail with stringent conditions to five CPI(M) workers, accused in the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan, while it avoided hearing bail pleas of party`s local leader, P K Kunhanandan and seven others in the case.
Justice N K Balakrishnan, before whom the applications came up, granted bail to Ravindran MK, Dilshad, Tipin, Mohammed Faisal and Raneesh considering the period of detention undergone by them.
The accused have been asked to produce a bond for Rs two lakh and two solvent sureties for the like amount. The other conditions are that they should appear before investigating officers on mondays and fridays, surrender their passport,file affidavit that they will abide by all conditions and should not enter Kozhikode except for complying with bail conditions.
They have also been asked to provide their mobile and landline telephone numbers to the investigating officers.
The court also directed the accused not to leave Kerala without the court`s permission.
It also granted bail to K C Ramachandran and K K Krishnan, both CPI-M workers, in connection with the 2009 conspiracy case to do away with Chandrasekharan.
The court, however, avoided hearing the bail pleas of seven other accused, including P K Kunhananan, Panur area committee member, who is alleged to have played a key role in the plot to kill Chandrasekharan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145