Chandrasekharan murder: Another CPM functionary held
Kochi/Kozhikode: A district level functionary of CPI-M was today formally arrested in connection with the murder of party rebel and RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan as an absconding key accused surrendered in a court in Vatakara.
Special Investigation Team probing the May 4 murder of the Revolutionary Marxist Party leader, recorded the arrest of Kannur CPI-M District Secretariat member Karayil Rajan, under judicial remand in connection with the 2006 murder of National Development Front activist Mohammed Fazal, in the jail here.
Rajan has been arrested for allegedly helping the members of the gang that killed Chandraksekharan to escape.
In Vatakara, K Shinoj surrendered before the Judicial First Class Magistrate. He is the last of the seven-member gang that allegedly killed Chandraksekharan to fall in police net.
One Rejikanth, who allegedly helped the gang to identify Chandrasekharan also surrendered along with Shinoj and were remanded to judicial custody for two weeks.
Police had launched a hunt for Shinoj in the state and neighbouring states.
Several local party leaders from Kozhikode and Kannur have been arrested in connection with the Chandrasekharan murder case, causing a huge embarrassment to the party though it has denied its involvement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics