Chandrasekharan murder case accused appeal before HC
Kochi: All the 12 accused, including three local CPI(M) leaders, convicted in the murder of RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan, on Thursday filed an appeal before the Kerala High Court challenging the lower court order.
Eleven of them were awarded life imprisonment and another three years imprisonment by a Special Additional Sessions Court at Kozhikode last month.
The accused contended that there was no evidence to implicate them in the case.
Some of the witnesses were RSS and RMP activists, they contended.
The appeal is likely to come up before the division bench on February 24.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI(M) wholetimer from the red bastion Onjiyam near Vatakara in north Kerala, was hacked to death by an eight-member gang on May 4, 2012.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire