Chandrasekharan murder case accused appeal before HC
Kochi: All the 12 accused, including three local CPI(M) leaders, convicted in the murder of RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan, on Thursday filed an appeal before the Kerala High Court challenging the lower court order.
Eleven of them were awarded life imprisonment and another three years imprisonment by a Special Additional Sessions Court at Kozhikode last month.
The accused contended that there was no evidence to implicate them in the case.
Some of the witnesses were RSS and RMP activists, they contended.
The appeal is likely to come up before the division bench on February 24.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI(M) wholetimer from the red bastion Onjiyam near Vatakara in north Kerala, was hacked to death by an eight-member gang on May 4, 2012.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video