Chandrasekharan murder case accused appeal before HC
Kochi: All the 12 accused, including three local CPI(M) leaders, convicted in the murder of RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan, on Thursday filed an appeal before the Kerala High Court challenging the lower court order.
Eleven of them were awarded life imprisonment and another three years imprisonment by a Special Additional Sessions Court at Kozhikode last month.
The accused contended that there was no evidence to implicate them in the case.
Some of the witnesses were RSS and RMP activists, they contended.
The appeal is likely to come up before the division bench on February 24.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI(M) wholetimer from the red bastion Onjiyam near Vatakara in north Kerala, was hacked to death by an eight-member gang on May 4, 2012.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users