‘Chandrasekharan’s killers will be brought to book’
Kozhikode: Paying homage to Revolutionary Marxist Party leader, T P Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday said those involved in the murder would be brought to book.
Chandrasekharan (50) was attacked and killed by unidentified assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in this district last night.
Chandy short his visit to Delhi and flew down at the nearby Karippur International Airport to pay floral tributes to the departed leader at the Kozhikode town hall.
Reacting to CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s remarks that hired criminals, known as "quotation gangs" in local parlance, could have carried out the attack, Chandy said everyone knew which political party resorted to hiring "quotation gangs."
The chief minister alleged that the same party had hacked to death a school teacher in front of students at Kannur some years ago and also murdered an IUML activist in front of about 200 people.
All culprits involved in the RMP leader`s murder will be brought to book, he said.
Kerala ministers Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, Aryadan Mohammed, P K Kunhalikutty, K P Mohanan, Anil Kumar, Leader of Opposition V S Achuthanandan and KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala also paid homage.
Expressing grief, IUML State President, Hyderali Shihab Thangal said all those involved in the murder should be brought to book.
The assailants who came by car attacked Chandrasekharan last night while he was riding a motorcycle alone.
Country-made bombs were hurled at him and when he fell off the motorcycle, he was hacked to death with sharp weapons.
He began his political career as an activist of CPI(M)`s campus wing SFI. He later became a whole-timer of the party in its stronghold.
He was once known as a supporter of senior leader V S Achuthanandan and was said to have incurred the wrath of the faction loyal to the party state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!