‘Chandrasekharan’s killers will be brought to book’
Kozhikode: Paying homage to Revolutionary Marxist Party leader, T P Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday said those involved in the murder would be brought to book.
Chandrasekharan (50) was attacked and killed by unidentified assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in this district last night.
Chandy short his visit to Delhi and flew down at the nearby Karippur International Airport to pay floral tributes to the departed leader at the Kozhikode town hall.
Reacting to CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s remarks that hired criminals, known as "quotation gangs" in local parlance, could have carried out the attack, Chandy said everyone knew which political party resorted to hiring "quotation gangs."
The chief minister alleged that the same party had hacked to death a school teacher in front of students at Kannur some years ago and also murdered an IUML activist in front of about 200 people.
All culprits involved in the RMP leader`s murder will be brought to book, he said.
Kerala ministers Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, Aryadan Mohammed, P K Kunhalikutty, K P Mohanan, Anil Kumar, Leader of Opposition V S Achuthanandan and KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala also paid homage.
Expressing grief, IUML State President, Hyderali Shihab Thangal said all those involved in the murder should be brought to book.
The assailants who came by car attacked Chandrasekharan last night while he was riding a motorcycle alone.
Country-made bombs were hurled at him and when he fell off the motorcycle, he was hacked to death with sharp weapons.
He began his political career as an activist of CPI(M)`s campus wing SFI. He later became a whole-timer of the party in its stronghold.
He was once known as a supporter of senior leader V S Achuthanandan and was said to have incurred the wrath of the faction loyal to the party state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'